Are you enthusiastic and passionate about putting patient care at the heart of everything you do and want to be part of a team that provides first rate pharmaceutical care to the community? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a full time Dispensary Assistant to join our team at our MacKinnon Pharmacy in Edinburgh.
You will be a key part of the pharmacy team, assisting with the assembly and supply of medications and ensuring that prescriptions are processed correctly, alongside handling over-the-counter sales and consulting with patients.
You will be flexible in your approach, be able to communicate effectively with our patients and other healthcare professionals and hold or be willing to work towards an NVQ level 2 in Pharmacy Services or equivalent. Further development opportunities will be available to progress your career in pharmacy.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Receive and process orders coming into the pharmacy
- Ensure stock levels are maintained correctly
- Keep records to facilitate the role of the Pharmacist
- The safe and legal supply of prescription and over-the-counter medications to patients
- Preparing prescriptions, order, and maintain supplies of medication within the pharmacy
- Provide information to inform and educate patients and other healthcare professionals
- Gather, organise, and assess patient information
- Maintain electronic records
- Offer advice on free NHS services that patients are eligible to receive
- Process requests for free NHS services
- Receive prescription orders
- Consult directly with other healthcare providers and patients.
You will have:
- Basic computer skills
- Previous Pharmacy experience (desirable)
- Achieved or working towards Dispensing Assistant Qualification (desirable)
Please complete the online application form below. (Compulsory fields are marked *)